Please be aware that it could take up to 14 days for any non-NHS work to be carried out and patients need to pay in advance for this.
In order to complete even the simplest of forms, the Doctor needs to check your entire medical record. Carelessness or inaccurate reports can have serious consequences for the Doctor, with the General Medical Council or even the Police. The Doctor puts his/her own qualification on the line and he/she needs to go through your record. Time spent completing forms and preparing reports and letters takes GPs away from the medical care of patients. GPs have a very heavy workload so please do not expect your GP to process non-NHS work at short notice.
In recent years, more and more organisations have been involving Doctors in a whole range of non-medical work. Sometimes the only reason that the Doctors are asked is because they are in a position of trust in the community, or because an insurance company or employer wants to be sure the information provided is true and accurate. Not all documents need signature by a Doctor. For example, you could ask another person in a position of trust, who may be willing to sign a passport application for instance a teacher or accountant etc.
Any non-NHS work will incur a charge in line with BMA guidelines and needs to be paid for before the work is carried out. Please ask at reception regarding the charges for these services. A Doctor's appointment is not necessary to discuss non-NHS work. The NHS pays Doctors for specific NHS work, but for non-NHS work the fee has to cover the Doctor's cost and time.
In summary, some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore attract charges. The Doctors are happy to carry out medicals by appointment. Please contact the surgery to arrange this.
Examples include the following:
- Adoption/Foster Medical - £73.86
- Adoption/Foster Update - £38
- Blue Badge Form - £25.15
- Blue Badge Form with Exam - £39.22
- Letter to support patient’s application for Blue Badge – £40
- Concessionary Travel Form - £15
- Driving Licence - £20
- Fit to Fly letter - £40
- Holiday Cancellation Form - £40
- Insurance Claim Forms - £40
- Letter – taking medication on board - £15
- Medical Examination for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements (PSV etc.) - £164.50
- Ofsted Report (childminding) - £85
- PCV / LGV / HGV Driver Medical - £115Police Candidate Form - £30.50
- Private Consultation - £50 - if double appointment - £80
- Private Flu Vaccination £20
- Private Medical Report - £75 or £110
- Private Prescription - £15
- Private Sick Notes - £15
- School Appeal letter - £40
The doctors will no longer be able to Countersign Passport Applications as per Countersigning Passport Applications.gov.uk
Price list for Non-NHS Clinical Tests
Our pricing is made up of two elements: A consultation fee that accounts for the nurse time spent on your appointment plust the cost of any vaccination that you purchase.
Monies to be paid upfront before the vaccine order can be placed and any appointments made. We now have a credit card machine at the Surgery to ease the payment process. Please be aware that on rare occasions vaccines may be out of stock and a refund will be given if this situation arises.
- Private Smear - Price on Application
- HIV Counselling (GP) and bloods (nurse) - £75
- Screening for Hepatitis B - £30
- Screening for Hepatitis C - £40
- Syphillis Test - £55
The fees charged are based on the British Medical Association (BMA) suggested scales and our reception staff will be happy to advise you about them along with appointment availability.